Thursday, March 5, 2009

Tai was right...my life is ridiculous

A few days ago, I went to work out at the gym near my school. I saw a plump, naked woman there which is perfectly normal at gyms here. I had a feeling she'd start a conversation with me so I avoided eye contact and tried to get my stuff to go work out. "Hi," she says timidly. I knew it! Let me say she was more afraid of speaking in English than of being naked in front of me. So we talk for a little bit, she says that she's seen me before at my school. I told her I am a teacher and she told me that she is a student. I awkwardly avoid looking at her. So I got my water bottle and went to work out. I worked out for about an hour or so and went back to the locker room to retrieve my purse. She was still standing there....still naked. At this point, I was like okay whatever and got my things and left.

Then I thought about it for a while. Did I stun her with my "foreignness" so much that she couldn't put on any clothes for the next hour? Was she reliving the moment over and over in her head so much that she forgot she was naked? Does she just hang out at the locker room buck naked for kicks? Anyway, I realized that my life really is ridiculous as a friend once pointed out to me.

No comments: