Sunday, October 21, 2007

The Mall and World Trade Plaza Hotel

I missed our sports day because I was chilling with various homies. But Hugh went and he sent me his pictures. These are some of the gals in my sophomore class. They were his freshmen last year. Aren’t they adorable? They all had matching outfits which made me want one too. Sadly, I did not get one.














I went on a small spree yesterday and I got some winter wear and a teapot. I also tried to get lotion in a store in the big mall place near the train station and they handed me a bottle of whitening lotion. Not what I was looking for at all. I figured that was all they were going to offer me, so I left the store defeated.

Oh, I finally got my first experience getting yelled at for not buying something. I saw a purse that I really liked and started bargaining with the owner. She didn’t want to budge, so I said I don’t want it and tried to walk out. She said okay to my price and then I noticed the hole in the purse. Hmmm, now I really didn’t want it, so I tried to leave. As I walked out, the lady started yelling in crazy Chinese, telling her store neighbors something to the extent of, “You made me lower the price, I said okay, and now you don’t want it?! What’s wrong with you?” And so on. It wasn’t like she was really that invested in the sale; it lasted all of 5 minutes. Oh dang.

I went to the expat ladies’ lunch today. It’s on the third Sunday of each month. It was the most coherent English I’d heard since coming to China. It was nice. The food was fantastic. We ate at the World Trade Plaza Hotel. It’s the fanciest place I’ve ever seen anywhere, including the US. Look at the ashtray, what the hell? They have their emblem in the ashtray sand. The revolving doors to this hotel have giant vases with flowers in two of the four chambers.





I got my first foot massage today after lunch. Holy crap, it was amazing. They did the whole reflexology thing on my feet and hit my feet with some wooden hammer contraption. It was amazing.

No comments: