Thursday, October 18, 2007

Maybe I'm delusional

I could do this for another year or two. This idea has been invading my thoughts over the last few days. My family would not be happy with me. But, I love being completely anonymous. And I’ve decided that people staring in the US is much worse than the staring in China. Here, people only stare at you because they have never seen a foreigner. It is a curiosity. Can’t say I’ll miss being stared at in the US. I also like how people are so friendly here. Everyone says hello, which I know annoys some people, but I find it cute. I like meeting the foreigners here, even the assholes. These people aren’t in the US because they’re always traveling. Everyone seems to have a story here, even the creepers. I like exploring this place and I like how everyone is outside, not holed up inside glued to the TV or computer. Although many places here shut down around here by 9 or so, it’s still a much more active place than a lot of cities in the US. I do miss my family and friends quite a bit but I fancy this China.

It’s the people that make a place special, obviously.

No comments: