Monday, October 22, 2007

Pensando en otras cosas...

So I taught my class the rest of the idioms and I told them about some superstitions. I talked about how breaking a mirror would be bad luck for 7 years. So what did I do after I got back from class? I broke my damn mirror. Oh yeah. It’s funny cause the last time I had class on Monday, I taught them “under the weather,” and then I started coughing uncontrollably because I was still sick. Oh yeah.

I should probably watch what I teach them because it seems that whatever I talk about happens.

Has anyone heard of The Darjeeling Limited? It’s a movie that’s supposed to be coming out although I’m not sure if it’s in all cities or just major ones. I want to know if it’s good because I will buy it when it comes out on DVD here, but I’d like an opinion or two.

I found out that Bobby Jindal was elected governor of Louisiana. It's exciting to see an Indian in any visible political office. Regarding politics, I do have to say that I am missing the whole Iowa caucus media circus even though it’s a long time from now. It’s hard for me to believe that I won’t have an inside scoop on what’s going on with campaigns and candidates. I was glad I was able to go to the Dem debate with George Stephanopoulos before I came to China.

No comments: