Monday, December 3, 2007

Living in China

I think James Fallows has China down to a T. If you want an idea of how things work in China or why there are so many accidents in China, you should definitely read this. http://jamesfallows.theatlantic.com/archives/2007/11/the_way_vs_a_way_japan_v_china.php

Other related news:
I have now wandered onto two constructions sites since being in China. This doesn’t include the construction site that a taxi driver took my friends and I through once upon a time. How many have I walked through in the US? Zero. I was trying to get out of Future Mall, the basement of which has a grocery store. The rest of the floors are under construction. One would think it would be simple to do this. Not so. The exits were clearly not exits in this mall o’ the future.

No comments: