Sunday, September 23, 2007

Crazy weekend

Friday
I had the leak in my bathroom sink fixed on Friday. It is really nice to have a dry floor now. Friday evening, my doorknob fell off while I was in the bathroom. I had to jimmy it back on there to get the door open. My bathroom is ridiculous. I also have a leaky toilet and a possibly leaky water heater. But I love that my floor is dry, I’m so happy about that.

We went to Bailao tai tai for a long and drunken dinner. It was ridiculous. The Chinese people in the room next to us joined us in our room and ganbei-ed us silly. We also met a guy who opened the beer bottles with his mouth. It was intense. We went to Allan Story after that. There were many a drunken foreigner.

Saturday
So let’s just say that someone in our group managed to pee on a guest bed in a drunken stupor. And then he managed to stumble back to his buddy’s apartment on the first floor in the morning. I was surprised to see him downstairs because before I went to bed Friday, I definitely saw him at someone else’s apartment.

We went to bailao tai tai for another exquisite meal in the evening. Tang su li ji (like sweet and sour chicken) is a new favorite of mine as are the carmelized bananas and the beef with the egg is also amazing. I love that restaurant. I need to learn the Chinese names for these things. It appears that Michelle and Erin got wasted off of 1-2 beers. Erin’s funny when she’s drunk. She pretty much made my night. After the restaurant, we headed to Allan Story again and lots of drama ensued which involved Russians, Britons, Canadians, a Swede and lots of drunk CCEPers. It was the most multicultural bs ever.

The night definitely ended when Michelle fell onto 3-4 plastic tables across the street from Mcdonalds and broke them to pieces. I’m not sure how she managed to keep falling onto and breaking tables, but I was mortified. The Chinese owners of the bbq were obviously pissed and we think one was on the phone with the police. They demanded lots of money which one person thought was a ridiculous amount so he tried to argue his way out in English, so of course that meant nothing. Jeremy paid it unbeknownst to the rest of us and some of us tried to walk away with at least one of the troublemakers so that a fight wouldn’t break out. This didn’t work, so we just went home. And this is why Americans are loved the world over.

No comments: