Monday, September 10, 2007





Yesterday was Teacher’s day (September 10th). I didn’t have any classes to teach so I didn’t get the full Chinese experience. One teacher got flowers and another was taken out to lunch by his students. I talked to my waiban (foreign affairs) and I received a big case of milk and peanut oil as gifts for this day. It was great because I was on my way to the grocery store to purchase these items, so I was happy. I still have no way to light my stove as I still have not found fuel for my useless candle lighter.

These are pictures of TKL. It is where I shop for everything, except candle lighter fuel. You would think a store this large would maybe have one. It has a stadium on top of it. There are many stores and restaurants along the perimeter of the TKL. There is also another side to it with more restaurants and small stores. It is like a mall...except it has a stadium on top of it. Occasionally there are big blown up anime like characters which I don't understand, but on that day only the red balloons were out.

No comments: