Sunday, September 16, 2007

Pictures to catch up on

This would be the weird toy I kind of want. As you can see, the white doll shuffles forward and pulls the cart forward. Hidden message? I think so. Very strange but very entertaining.







Under the girl’s curly hair, it says shit. Another thing to note: the girls are holding hands. This does not mean they are lesbians, it is a sign of friendship and basically everyone does it. It’s the same way in India. It reminds me of when Chi and I would walk around like this and sing very loudly/badly. Of course, in the United States, this will get stares and lots of whispering.




Caroline and I are climbing over my gate because it is locked and no one usually comes when we ring the buzzer, so we’re taking matters into our own hands. So logically the next question would be how do I get in if the gate is locked? Well, you would be right to assume the front door is locked, but there is a door in the back locked with a bike lock that I can squeeze through. After squeezing through the back door, I do have to make sure I don’t knock any bikes over which is very difficult when there’s 50 of them and especially when not sober. It’s mission impossible. The only thing that sucks is that after squeezing through the door and through the maze of bikes, I’m covered in dust and cobwebs. It’s gross. But it is better than not getting into my apartment. I’m going to be screwed when they decide to fix the back door. Caroline has more trouble getting into her campus because not only is the front door locked, but the hallway to her apartment is locked.
This would be the aftermath of Caroline clinking Bryan’s beer. What you don’t see is the table soaked in beer and the floor and the hordes of Chinese laughing at us meiguoren.






Look China butt! These are the split pants that babies wear until they are toilet trained. I have mixed feelings about these. In a country of 1.3 billion, I’m glad they don’t use diapers just because that would be a tremendous waste. Although in winter, they have the same split pants which would be terrible for the cold. What if they get frostbite…on their ass?






This gigantic balloon appeared mysteriously one night in front of TKL (the stadium/supermarket). Jenna and I thought it was cute, but what the hell is it?













KFC after non-stop consumption of noodles and street food. I had chicken because it’s amazing. They’re also big on corn here which is truly strange. I had a small cup of corn and peas with a coleslaw type of dressing on it. It was not bad. I thought I was getting fries, guess not. You can get boiled corn on the cob on many street corners. There is also a cornsicle which is like a popsicle but corn flavored. I’ve been told there is corn juice also. I’m probably not going to have corn juice. I’ll probably have the cornsicle though. In short, corn corn corn.

1 comment:

Dreamer said...

Now I feel better cause you saw the weird pants! hehe