Friday, September 28, 2007

Indian stores and champagne rooms







So I found an Indian store yesterday!!!! They only sell a few clothes and incense and like 3 cds, but I found an Indian store!!!!! That means there has to be enough Indians or enough people that like Indian stuff to sustain that store. I saw it on the way back from Xinhua with Jenna, I only saw the script that looked like Hindi. I was like oh my god! It can’t be. I love China.

I went to a “western” restaurant with Brick and Hugh. I ate cow tongue, something’s intestines (they made it into sausage), only 1 chicken heart (there were 5 others on my plate I didn’t really want to eat, those poor chickens), and several other odd varieties of “meat.” I did not eat donkey, rabbit, dog, cat, or other stereotypical meats. I’m glad I didn’t know what I was eating otherwise I probably wouldn’t have eaten it. I did know the heart was a heart. I was looking at it and thinking, I’m eating its left ventricle now…now the right atrium…and so on. It was a great moment in biology.

So later I went to Mcdonald’s bar and met a few new foreigners including Emmanuel from Cameroon. Emmanuel can speak like 6 languages. All of the foreigners that I meet that can actually speak Chinese are ones that already know a ridiculous amount of languages. And I also met Peru from Nepal. Oh my god a desi??? What the hell is going on? Two things in one day is just too much for me. And guess what? He speaks Chinese. Oh yeah, he’s a pimp. He was in Nanjing for a year and he learned quite a bit because there wasn’t anyone around who spoke English. I hope to do that by the end of this year. He also mentioned that there are like 500 Malayalees. What? I’m in the wrong city.

So I hung out with Blake, Levi and Peru after Mcdonald’s bar at Scotland. They have good music and no drama, except from the big Chinese guys who want lovin’ from little foreigners. We had fun. Just how I like it. No broken tables, no obnoxious fights. Blake went into the “champagne room” at Dalian restaurant (after the club) and walked out of there maybe 5 or 10 minutes later and could not walk straight to our table. He was completely sober when he went in. It amazes me how much Chinese people can drink. Dalian had good steamed bread (real bread!) and skewers. I also had duck there, which I think I’ve had before but didn’t know it. It was yummy.

No comments: