Saturday, September 8, 2007

World Trade Plaza














The World Trade Plaza is one of my favorite places to go in the evenings. There is always something going on, if not multiple things going on at once. Yesterday I went there with Jenna. We watched Chinese dancers and a singer. There was also a bizarre Bollywood dance done by the Chinese dancers. Jenna has the actual video of it with the accompanying Hindi music.

There was an actual Chinese dance also. In the same plaza the techno dancers were doing their group thing. On the far side of the plaza near the children’s play area, there were couples receiving lessons in slow dance.

One of the things that was surprising to me was to see some of the elders out and being active. Some were doing the techno dances and some were doing slow dancing. They’re not sitting at home staring out a window.

Jenna successfully haggled!! She got a drink for 1 kuai instead of 2. The lady was trying to get 2 from her, but Jenna just handed over 1 and walked away. I was so happy. It was the first successful bargain I've heard of in our group. The second day I was here, I tried to bargain, but failed terribly. It is about saving face.

No comments: